Trust the veterinary hospital that treats your and PetCo’s exotic pets, to also board your friend. Since we are experienced in birds and exotic animal care at Everett Veterinary Hospital, we are your best choice to board them as well. Our staff is trained to detect any early signs of illness and one of our veterinarians is available should the need arise.Whether feathered, scaled, furred or otherwise, we will be happy to care for your pet while you are away and he/she will be kept in the appropriate environment for the species and needs. Our caring team and their frequent housekeeping service, assures you of a clean environment and proper feeding.
Providing their own cage, toys and food can be helpful in reducing stress and helping them to enjoy their vacation.But, for a small additional fee, you may choose to rent one of our cages. If you choose to rent a cage, please bring in a few favorite toys to help provide more of a home like feeling. Birds are always housed in separate rooms away from other birds (unless they are from the same household).
1. EXAMINATION – ALL exotic pet boarders must have a complete physical exam within the last year before boarding.Since exotics hide their illness so well, this is for your pet’s protection.Our veterinarians would be happy to provide a complete examination on your pets first day of boarding.
2. MEALS and TREATS – For the pet’s best interest, owners are required to bring the meals and treats for their avian and exotic companions.We work very hard to provide a home-like setting for your pet, but many birds and exotic breeds are very sensitive to diet and environmental changes. Therefore, we ask that you bring their pellets, seeds, fruit, veggies, worms, tasty crawling edibles or whatever your pet would normally like to eat at home.
3. ACCOMODATIONS BIRDS – Providing their own cage, toys and food can be helpful in reducing stress and helping them to enjoy their vacation.But, for a small additional fee, you may choose to rent one of our cages. If you choose to rent a cage, please bring in a few favorite toys to help provide more of a home like feeling. Birds are always housed in separate rooms away from other birds (unless they are from the same household).
4. ACCOMODATIONS EXOTICS (Non Birds) – Tanks, Terrariums, food, heating elements and water dishes must be supplied by the owner for all exotic boarders to minimize the stress of a new environment.If this is not possible, please call first so we can discuss special arrangements.
Owners are encouraged to prepare a written schedule to be given to the animal care specialist with instructions regarding food, feeding times, special treats, temperature preferences, supplements, routine, any medication etc.This information enables us to follow your own routine as much as possible and helps makes this experience a positive one for your pet.
- Distemper vaccine is required for Ferrets.
- No other exotic species require vaccines for boarding at this time.
Room Service Extras ~ (Call for pricing)
- 1 on 1 options with a caring team member (varies with species)
- Comprehensive Physical Examination including Dental Exam
- Toe Nail Trim
- Beak or Wing Trim
- Fecal Exam
- Oral Medication Administration
- Avian Sexing
- Avian Band Removal
- Avid Microchip ID Implant
- Exotic warm water soaking